Before and After: Problem Solving

November 08, 2013

I wanted to share this edit because everyone makes mistakes. At this session I took a lot of photos: family shots, individual shots, couple shots, candids and pairs of children shots. However, I forgot to get a sibling shot! That required some problem solving on my part after the session. 

 

I searched through the photos to see if I had any images where the parents were isolated. This way I could remove them from the photo. I knew I did NOT want to simply crop the parents out, as some inexperienced photographers would do. With cropping you lose information and reduce the quality of the photo. For that reason, I rarely crop in post processing. 

 

What did I do? I carefully removed the parents from the shot below in Photoshop. This was a huge edit and I definitely could not have done it without CS6 (earlier versions did not have the capability to remove such large elements). 

This was a time consuming edit even with CS6. The majority of the parents could be removed automatically, but then I had to manually clean up the rest of the image. I'm quite proud of the results ;) 

 


Archive
January February March April May June July August (2) September (2) October (1) November (2) December
January February March April May (2) June July August (1) September (1) October November December
January February March April May June (1) July (3) August September (4) October November (2) December
January (2) February (1) March (1) April May (1) June (1) July August (2) September October (2) November December
January February March April May June July August (4) September October November (1) December
January February March April May June July August (1) September October November December
January February March April May June July August (1) September October November December
January (1) February March April (2) May June July (2) August September October November December